Payment & Shipping Terms:
shrink film roll
25mic Clear Biodegradable Heat-sealable PLA Films For Plastic Bag & Flower Package
1. Why choose PLA?
The new era of social conscience plastic is here, now. So what does that mean for you and your company?
Are there opportunities to increase your share? Retailers, legislators and consumer preference will mandate that you find an environmentally friendly alternative to oil-based plastic packaging... and HYF Compostable Plastic film is the natural choice!
With HYF Compostable Plastic film, made from bio-polymer, you have the option of migrating from oil-based film to plant-based film at a reasonable price and with comparable performance.
HYF eases your transition into bio-responsible packaging.
It offers the properties you want in a transparent film like excellent deadfold, high clarity, gloss, flavour and aroma barrier and high stiffness.
It′s excellent for pressure-sensitive labels.
With it′s unique physical properties, HYF is the ideal, environmentally friendly alternative for packaged goods, bakery, confectionery, fresh produce, meats, poultry and flower wrap.
2. Product Categories
1) One Side Heat Sealable Film
2) Two Side Heat Sealable Film
3. Product key features
1) Good heat sealability;
2) High transparency and gloss ;
3) Uniform thickness and smooth and flat surface ;
4) Green and environmental protection;
5) Compostable degradation;
6) Good light transmittance;
7) Alternative to common plastic packaging film.
4. Our Raw Material
HYF's is made of plants, not plastic. Why use up finite resources – trees, corn and sugarcane are renewable natural materials.
Making plant-based materials emits less carbon than making most plastics.
We love recycled materials.
5. Application Of PLA Bio-based Biodegradable Films
1) Replacement for plastic packaging made from petrochemical materials. (ex.: plastic bag, bouquet pack, and bread bag)
2) Window films for envelopes
3) Cardboard films
4) Packaging food films:
- for wrapping food, sandwiches, flowers
- lid films for PLA trays
- flow-pack films
- Candy twist packaging.
5) Label films
1) What is PLA?
PLA is a biopolymer made from plant-derived sugars that are fermented and converted into lactic acid. The lactic acid molecules then link to form rings called lactide monomers, which then link together to create a chain of polylactide polymer.
2) Are bio-based plastics, PLA, and degradable plastics all the same thing?
No. PLA and other bio-based plastics are made from plant materials, often corn. Not all bio-based plastics are degradable. Some petroleum-based plastics can biodegrade. Degradable additives are claimed to work in many resins. A degraded material is an opportunity lost to reuse a valuable resource.
3) Are all degradable plastics the same?
No. There are two distinct sets of materials involved in the degradable question.
One set of degradable plastics are materials such as PLA (Polylactic Acid) that are unique plastics for which biological degradation potential is part of the nature of the plastic.
The second set is materials of the standard #1 PET, #2 HDPE, #4 LDPE, #5 PP and #6 PS with special degradable additives included. The mechanisms for degradation vary with additive type.
4) Why is HYF film made from PLA better than conventional petrochemical-based polymers?
Because less energy is used to produce the PLA pellets. Up to 65% less fossil fuel and 65% less greenhouse-gas emissions than when making traditional plastic.
5) How much plant material is required for PLA?
100 bushels of corn are equal to 1 metric ton.
6) Will HYF plastic film degrade on shelves?
No. HYF will not degrade on shelves and has a similar shelf-life to other petroleum based plastics.
7) How can HYF packaging film be disposed of?
HYF plastic offers more end-of-life options than any other material. It can be physically recycled, composted industrially, incinerated, put in landfill and even recycled back into it′s original lactic acid state.
8) Can I get a sample of Evlon Compostable Plastic Film?
Yes. To request a sample, visit our "Contact Us" section and submit your request by email.
9) I have tried other PLA films with no success. Why would HYF be most likely to succeed?
What is different about HYF, is that it has an excellent heat seal range, making it an easy transition from most OPP films on typical packaging equipment.
With a range of 150 to 210°F (65-98°C), most heat seal machines require the temperatures of the sealing bar to be turned down considerably to produce a good seal, and another common change is to reduce the dwell time as well to maximize seal strength.
A common mistake is to try to run it too hot. If there is distortion around the seal and/or the film becomes brittle and cracks or breaks at the seal, the sealing bar temperature is probably too hot. Turn the temp down to make a better seal, and save some energy in the process!
10) Is the Thermal Stability better than other PLA films?
Due to its unique process, HYF films are exceptionally heat resistant. With little or no dimensional change with processing temperatures of 60°C (and less than 5% dimensional change even at 100°C for 5 minutes).
11) Does it need be treated for printing?
--- No need. It has been corona treated.
12) what printing inks can be used (UV or solvent based)?
--- The printing inks is same as the printing inks you are using, UV or solvent based is ok.
13) What is the storage conditions?
--- Please store it in low temperature( 20℃);
--- Do not expose to rapid temperature changes
--- Do not store in direct sunlight
--- For mechanical, moisture and dust protection, store film in its original packaging.
14) What is Shelf life?
Suggest that it is used within 12 months from the production date.
Contact Person: Mrs. Alice